This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7687 / 51°46'7"N
Longitude: -1.9742 / 1°58'27"W
OS Eastings: 401873
OS Northings: 207783
OS Grid: SP018077
Mapcode National: GBR 2P0.5N3
Mapcode Global: VHB2B.QSNZ
Entry Name: Row of 3 Monuments in the Churchyard of the Church of All Saints Circa 6 and 1/2 Metres South East of the Chancel
Listing Date: 12 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1090186
English Heritage Legacy ID: 131233
Location: North Cerney, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: North Cerney
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: North Cerney All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
NORTH CERNEY NORTH CERNEY VILLAGE
SP01 075 -
16/210 Row of 3 monuments in the churchyard
of the Church of All Saints c6.5m
south-east of the chancel
Row of three chest tombs. Limestone and sandstone. From north to
a) Monument to Andrew Rendell and Mary his wife, he died 1798, she
died 1799. Moulded plinth with inset corners; fielded
inscription panels; fluted frieze with marginal panels
decorated with hanging bellflower; capping with moulded margins
stepped and moulded hipped upper capping stone.
b) Chest tomb, c1m to the north of the preceding monument, to
William Kimber, died 1825 and Charlotte Kimber, died 1841.
Similar design to the Andrew Rendell monument but with
sandstone inscription panel.
c) Chest tomb, c0.3m to the north of the preceding monument, to
Elizabeth Howes; relict of John Howes of Winstone. Similar
design to the William Kimber monument with sandstone
inscription panels, flanked by fluted marginal panels.
The inscription panels and marginal panels of monuments b) and c)
were in a badly eroded state at the time of resurvey (November
(Rev.d A.J.C. Turner, Record of Monuments dating from before 1850
in the Churchyard of the Church of All Saints, North Cerney, 1971).
Listing NGR: SP0187007783
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings