This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7686 / 51°46'6"N
Longitude: -1.9745 / 1°58'28"W
OS Eastings: 401854
OS Northings: 207764
OS Grid: SP018077
Mapcode National: GBR 2P0.5M2
Mapcode Global: VHB2B.QTH3
Entry Name: Pair of Monuments in the Churchyard of the Church of All Saints, Circa 18 Metres South of the South Porch
Listing Date: 12 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1153704
English Heritage Legacy ID: 131236
Location: North Cerney, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: North Cerney
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: North Cerney All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
NORTH CERNEY NORTH CERNEY VILLAGE
SP01 075 -
16/213 Pair of monuments in the churchyard
of the Church of All Saints, c18m
south of the south porch
Chest tomb and pedestal tomb. Limestone. From east to west:-
a) Chest tomb to Ann, wife of Thomas Smith, died 1791. Further
partially legible inscriptions, one to Ann Painter, died 1780.
Moulded plinth with inset corners. Inscriptions on all four
sides with beaded margins; frieze above; capping with moulded
b) Pedestal tomb. Late C18 with partially legible inscription on
the south and west. Moulded plinth with inset corners. Beaded
margins to inscription panels; plain frieze. Capping with
moulded margin and stepped and moulded pyramidal capping.
(Rev.d A.J.C. Turner, Record of Monuments dating from before 1850
in the Churchyard of the Church of All Saints, North Cerney, 1971).
Listing NGR: SP0185407764
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings