This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7938 / 51°47'37"N
Longitude: -2.4267 / 2°25'36"W
OS Eastings: 370667
OS Northings: 210659
OS Grid: SO706106
Mapcode National: GBR FZ.Y0NR
Mapcode Global: VH875.W5GP
Entry Name: Three Hodges Monuments, About 7-11m South of South-East Nave Buttress in Churchyard of Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 9 December 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1090576
English Heritage Legacy ID: 132270
Location: Arlingham, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL2
Civil Parish: Arlingham
Built-Up Area: Arlingham
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Arlingham St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
ARLINGHAM CHURCH ROAD
SO 71 SW
2/12 Three Hodges Monuments, about 7-llm
south of south-east nave buttress
in churchyard of Church of St. Mary
Three chest tombs. From south to north: Thomas Hodges 170- and
Mary 1722; --------- Hodges 1729; Thomas Hodges 1768. All
limestone, flat tops with moulded plinth and capping, on bases.
Thomas and Mary - deeply splayed plinth and capping,lyre ends with
open book and cherub head to ends, rectangular panel with
elaborately carved projecting moulding and flanking drapery to
south, plainer similar to north, partially overgrown at time of
survey (November 1985).
------- Hodges - lyre ends with high relief cherub heads to west
and cartouche to east, oval carved cartouche and flanking floral
reliefs to north, rectangular moulded panel and flanking torch
reliefs to south.
Thomas Hodges - quarter balusters, cartouche ends and recessed
rectangular side panels.
Listing NGR: SO7066710661
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings