This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8991 / 51°53'56"N
Longitude: -2.0696 / 2°4'10"W
OS Eastings: 395304
OS Northings: 222282
OS Grid: SO953222
Mapcode National: GBR 2M4.ZGW
Mapcode Global: VHB1Q.2JQJ
Entry Name: Numbers 45 47 and 49 and Attached Area Railings to Number 49
Listing Date: 5 May 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1104302
English Heritage Legacy ID: 474669
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL52
Electoral Ward/Division: All Saints
Built-Up Area: Cheltenham
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Cheltenham St Luke and St John
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO9522SW GROSVENOR STREET
630-1/14/360 (East side)
05/05/72 Nos.45, 47 AND 49
and attached area railings to No.49
Terrace of 3 houses, central house now flats, with attached
railings to left. c1820-50 with later additions and
alterations including later C19 porch. Stucco over brick with
end and party-wall brick and stucco stacks, iron balconies and
railings. A symmetrical design with central pedimented
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys on basements, 2:3:2 first-floor windows.
Stucco detailing includes pilasters to ends and breakforward;
ground floor has horizontal acroteria; pediment has
honeysuckle acroteria. 6/6 sashes where original; ground floor
has 2 rectangular bays with 1/1 sashes with margin-lights.
Central and inner side entrances: 6-fielded-panel doors, that
to left part-glazed, the outer doors with overlights with
lattice glazing, central entrance in porch with Doric
pilasters, sidelights and overlight.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: first-floor continuous balcony to 2 right
houses has oval motif with scrolled panels; similar individual
balconies to right. Stick area railings to left.
HISTORICAL NOTE: Grosvenor Street apparently shown as Gyde's
Terrace on Merrett's Map of 1834.
Listing NGR: SO9530822289
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings