This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5719 / 51°34'18"N
Longitude: -0.7766 / 0°46'35"W
OS Eastings: 484880
OS Northings: 186602
OS Grid: SU848866
Mapcode National: GBR D5W.GG9
Mapcode Global: VHDWB.HR8B
Entry Name: 1, High Street
Listing Date: 16 July 1949
Last Amended: 31 January 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1125103
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46208
Location: Marlow, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, SL7
Civil Parish: Marlow
Built-Up Area: Marlow
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Great Marlow with Marlow Bottom, Little Marlow and Bisham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
(North East Side)
(Formerly listed as
Nos 1 and 3)
SU 8486 1/9 16.7.49.
Late C18 altered early C19?. 2 storeys. Brick upper part on painted stucco
ground floor. Painted stucco frieze and cornice. Panelled brick parapet
with moulded coping, and blocking course. Old tile roof. 5-bay front with
projecting outer bays, Glazing bars intact. Ground floor has pairs of
pilasters on outer bays imposed on lower secondary pilasters framing windows
and (modern) 5-panel door with rectangular fanlight to left hand, all under
frieze, cornice and blocking course.
Nos 1 and 5 together with Nos 6, 6A, 6B, 7A and 7 Market Square form a group.
Listing NGR: SU8488086602
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings