History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Ostbridge Manor Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Olveston, South Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.5675 / 51°34'3"N

Longitude: -2.6141 / 2°36'50"W

OS Eastings: 357529

OS Northings: 185584

OS Grid: ST575855

Mapcode National: GBR JP.DK4V

Mapcode Global: VH881.MVWQ

Entry Name: Ostbridge Manor Farmhouse

Listing Date: 5 December 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1128944

English Heritage Legacy ID: 35318

Location: Olveston, South Gloucestershire, BS35

County: South Gloucestershire

Civil Parish: Olveston

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Olveston

Church of England Diocese: Bristol

Find accommodation in
Almondsbury

Listing Text


ST 58 NE OLVESTON PILNING STREET (north side)

7/213 Ostbridge Manor Farmhouse

- II

Farmhouse. Early C16 origin, C17 rear dairy wing, with later alterations.
Rubble, treble Roman tiled roof with brick gable stacks and stack to left.
T-plan, through passage. 1½ storeys, 5 windows, all C20 under timber lintel,
2 windows under eaves, small gable to left with window, gabled garderobe tower
to left with slit at upper level and small window at ground floor, door in 2nd
bay from right has chamfered wooden frame with depressed 4-centred arch,
2 buttresses to right with timber between, cross-tie and small light at ground
floor. Rear has 2 windows under eaves, C20 single storey extension, rear door
as on front, dairy wing has window to ground floor north, rear with ground floor
window and 1st floor 2-light casement with ovolo mullions and frame, square
leaded lights, window in gable end above with plank shutters; C20 single storey
extension to rear south, window above. Interior: deeply chamfered beams in
south room divide ceiling into 6 panels, beams in central room deeply chamfered,
fireplace with moulded lintel. Former open-hall house. (Sources: Hall,
Linda : Rural Houses of North Avon and South Gloucestershire 1400-1720. 1983).


Listing NGR: ST5752985584

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.