This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.565 / 50°33'54"N
Longitude: -4.7899 / 4°47'23"W
OS Eastings: 202514
OS Northings: 77634
OS Grid: SX025776
Mapcode National: GBR ZW.VK4Y
Mapcode Global: FRA 07VK.XCY
Entry Name: Lanow Farmhouse (North) Including Store Attached on Rear Right
Listing Date: 26 June 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1129863
English Heritage Legacy ID: 351501
Location: St. Kew, Cornwall, PL30
Civil Parish: St. Kew
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Kew
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 08 SW ST KEW
2/241 Lanow Farmhouse (north)
- including store attached on rear
Farmhouse. Circa 1730's. Stone rubble and cob, rendered above ground floor on front
elevation. Steeply pitched slate roof with gable ends continued over integral rear
outshut. Brick shafts to gable end stacks with brick stack heating rear left hand
The early C18 double depth plan is retained intact; the central cross passage gives
access to the two larger front reception rooms heated by end stacks; two smaller
service rooms to rear with heated kitchen on left, dairy on right and central dog-leg
Two storeys, symmetrical three window front. Ground floor with C20 glazed extension
to front left with C20 fenestration. First floor with two horned 16-pane sashes
flanking early C19 16-pane hornless sash.
Interior: Plan and lath and plaster partitions remain intact. Circa early C18
ceiling beams to room on front right, C18 2-panel doors with raised and fielded
panels and early C18 dog-leg stair with turned newels and balusters.
Attached to farmhouse on rear right small probably farm-workers cottage now store.
Circa mid C18. Stone rubble and cob with steeply pitched rag slate roof with hipped
ends. Interior with small C19 fireplace.
Listing NGR: SX0251477634
Other nearby listed buildings