This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.8632 / 53°51'47"N
Longitude: -1.8347 / 1°50'5"W
OS Eastings: 410966
OS Northings: 440786
OS Grid: SE109407
Mapcode National: GBR HRMR.LW
Mapcode Global: WHC91.S5H7
Entry Name: Greenhill Grange
Listing Date: 18 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1134136
English Heritage Legacy ID: 338059
Location: Bradford, BD16
Civil Parish: Bingley
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Bingley All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE14SW BINGLEY WALSH LANE
SE109407 (east side)
2/195 Greenhill Grange
House and attached cottage. Late C17 with earlier features inside,
altered mid C18 when cottage was added. Hammer-dressed stone, dressed
quoins, stone slate roof. 2 storeys. House: 2-cell baffle-entry plan.
2 bays of windows; those to ground floor have double-chamfered surrounds,
formerly of 5 lights with lowered sills and one central mullion; 1st floor
has windows with plain stone surrounds and modem glazing. Lean-to porch
covers original doorway with Tudor-arched lintel and chamfered jambs;
small single-light window above. Coped gables with kneelers and stacks.
Left-hand return wall has carved double-cross of the Knights Templars
set in apex of gable.
Interior: housebody has stop-chamfered, scarf-jointed spine beams,
evidence of former bressumer and fire-hood replaced by later segmental-
arched fireplace with cyma-moulded surround. Parlour has ogee stop-
chamfered spine beam morticed into bressumer. A section of oak-panelling
possibly part of the original heck-screen, is initialled and dated
" R F . A F 1634 " (Ferrands family).
Listing NGR: SE1096640786
Other nearby listed buildings