This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.538 / 51°32'16"N
Longitude: -2.3952 / 2°23'42"W
OS Eastings: 372686
OS Northings: 182192
OS Grid: ST726821
Mapcode National: GBR 0NJ.F8F
Mapcode Global: VH95T.FLMV
Entry Name: Bank House
Listing Date: 17 September 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1135952
English Heritage Legacy ID: 34122
Location: Sodbury, South Gloucestershire, BS37
County: South Gloucestershire
Civil Parish: Sodbury
Built-Up Area: Chipping Sodbury
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Sodbury St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
ST 7282 SE SODBURY HIGH STREET
5/75 (south side)
17.9.52 No 24
Late C16/early C17. Rubble. Doube Roman tiled roof. Two storeys and attics in 2
coped gables with finials. Two windows: 2-, 3- and 4-light casements with moulded
mullions under square dripmoulds with return stops. Upper windows retain leaded
lights. Later panelled door in plain stone architrave.
To right is a third, wider gable, post World War II, over a coach entry: rubble with a
3-light mullion window.
Part of an important group of gabled houses with Nos 26 and 28.
Listing NGR: ST7268682192
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings