This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.625 / 50°37'29"N
Longitude: -4.671 / 4°40'15"W
OS Eastings: 211177
OS Northings: 83989
OS Grid: SX111839
Mapcode National: GBR N5.9S13
Mapcode Global: FRA 173F.22Y
Entry Name: Borough Boundary Stone to North of Beech House, Lane End
Listing Date: 13 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1137745
English Heritage Legacy ID: 68470
Location: Camelford, Cornwall, PL32
Civil Parish: Camelford
Built-Up Area: Camelford
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Lanteglos by Camelford
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 18 SW
5/25 Borough boundary stone to north of
- Beech House, Lane End
Borough boundary stone. Circa C18. Granite. Granite monolith, rectangular-on-plan
with rounded top. Inscribed
to mark the bounds of Camelford borough. Qv boundary stones 30 metres to north east
of sewage works, Camelford; to west of No. 2 Manor Farm, Victoria Road, Camelford and
to north of 24 Roughtor Road, Tregoodwell.
The Charter of Camelford was confirmed in 1259 and the rotten borough was created in
1552 to bolster the Earl of Northumberland government. Abolished in 1831.
Information from Mr F.C. Smeeth.
Listing NGR: SX1117783989
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings