This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.6233 / 50°37'23"N
Longitude: -4.6701 / 4°40'12"W
OS Eastings: 211229
OS Northings: 83804
OS Grid: SX112838
Mapcode National: GBR N5.B070
Mapcode Global: FRA 173F.8DG
Plus Code: 9C2QJ8FH+8X
Entry Name: Borough Boundary Stone to North 24 Roughtor Road
Listing Date: 13 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1327661
English Heritage Legacy ID: 68526
Location: Camelford, Cornwall, PL32
Civil Parish: Camelford
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Lanteglos by Camelford
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 18 SW
5/82 Borough boundary stone to north 24
- Roughtor Road
Borough boundary stone. Circa C18. Granite. Granite monolith, rectangular-on-plan
with rounded top. Inscribed
to mark the bounds of Camelford Borough. Qv boundary stones to north of Beech House,
Lane End, A39; 30 metres to north east of sewage works, Camelford and to west of No.
2 Manor Farm, Victoria Road, Camelford.
The Charter of Camelford was confirmed in 1259 and the rotten borough created in 1552
to bolster the Earl of Northumberland's government. Abolished in 1831.
Information from Mr F.C. Smeeth.
Listing NGR: SX1122983804
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings