This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.5942 / 54°35'39"N
Longitude: -1.2933 / 1°17'35"W
OS Eastings: 445761
OS Northings: 522339
OS Grid: NZ457223
Mapcode National: GBR MHD9.TW
Mapcode Global: WHD6S.3SFD
Entry Name: Church of St Cuthbert
Listing Date: 25 January 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1139241
English Heritage Legacy ID: 59210
Location: Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees, TS23
Civil Parish: Billingham
Built-Up Area: Billingham
Traditional County: Durham
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): County Durham
Church of England Parish: Billingham
Church of England Diocese: Durham
NZ 4522 BILLINGHAM THE GREEN
24/425 Church of St Cuthbert
Tower of C10, top added late C14. Nave probably C9 but with north aisle and
clerestory of late C12, south aisle of C13 and clerestory late C14, perhaps at
time of addition to tower. Coursed rubble masonry, nave and tower battlemented.
Original openings in tower, two-light with baluster shaft and pierced spandrel in
bell stage. Small arch to nave. Chancel rebuilt 1939 by Charlewood of Newcastle.
Early C17 screen and font cover.
Listing NGR: NZ4577622340
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings