This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.5232 / 54°31'23"N
Longitude: -0.9786 / 0°58'42"W
OS Eastings: 466207
OS Northings: 514688
OS Grid: NZ662146
Mapcode National: GBR PJL4.XB
Mapcode Global: WHF8F.YK5T
Entry Name: Two Standing Stones (Six Stoups) Circa 335 Metres South West of Ridge Farmhouse
Listing Date: 8 September 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1139715
English Heritage Legacy ID: 60109
Location: Lockwood, Redcar and Cleveland, TS12
County: Redcar and Cleveland
Civil Parish: Lockwood
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Boosbeck and Lingdale
Church of England Diocese: York
NZ 61 SE (NZ 6620 1496 LOCKWOOD BIRK BROW ROAD
& NZ 6620 1468) Stanghow
6/64 Two standing stones
c.335m. south-west of
Two of 5 remaining standing stones comprising Six Stoups, post medieval.
Roughly-dressed limestone shafts. That on north side of road approximately
28cm. x 30cm. x 1.2m. high, with hole, approximately 3.5cm. diameter,
through shaft between north and south faces, 50cm. above ground. That on
south side of road: upper part broken off and missing; approximately 25cm.
x 30cm. x 66cm. high, with bench mark inscribed on north face. Collectively
denote end of moor plateau road and approach to Birk Brow bank.
Listing NGR: NZ6620714688
Other nearby listed buildings