This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.5229 / 54°31'22"N
Longitude: -0.9778 / 0°58'40"W
OS Eastings: 466259
OS Northings: 514660
OS Grid: NZ662146
Mapcode National: GBR PJM4.3F
Mapcode Global: WHF8F.YLJ0
Entry Name: Two Standing Stones (Six Stoups) Circa 335 Metres South West of Ridge Farmhouse
Listing Date: 8 September 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1139717
English Heritage Legacy ID: 60111
Location: Lockwood, Redcar and Cleveland, TS12
County: Redcar and Cleveland
Civil Parish: Lockwood
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Boosbeck and Lingdale
Church of England Diocese: York
NZ 61 SE (NZ 6625 1465 LOCKWOOD BIRK BROW ROAD,
& NZ 6626 1466) Stanghow.
6/66 Two Standing stones
south-west of Ridge
Two of 5 remaining standing stones comprising Six Stoups, post medieval.
Roughly-dressed limestone shafts. That on south side of road approximately
30cm. x 30cm. x 1.2m. high. That on north side of road approximately
23cm. x 20cm. at top, 25cm. x 38cm. at base; 1.04m. high. Collectively
denote end of moor plateau road and approach to Birk Brow bank.
Listing NGR: NZ6625914660
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings