This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.5351 / 54°32'6"N
Longitude: -1.2062 / 1°12'22"W
OS Eastings: 451464
OS Northings: 515826
OS Grid: NZ514158
Mapcode National: GBR NJ00.N2
Mapcode Global: WHD76.F8VN
Entry Name: Westside House
Listing Date: 5 May 1952
Last Amended: 28 July 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1139834
English Heritage Legacy ID: 59789
Location: Middlesbrough, TS7
Electoral Ward/Division: Marton East
Built-Up Area: Middlesbrough
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Marton-in-Cleveland St Cuthbert
Church of England Diocese: York
MIDDLESBROUGH STOKESLEY ROAD
NZ 51 NW (5115) (west side), Marton.
4/77 Westside House
5.5.52 (formerly listed
as Marton Vicarage).
Vicarage, rebuilt in mid/late C19 on site of 1702 vicarage; west wing dated
1847, rest dated 1873. Now used as offices and laboratory. Brick, with
rendered west wing. Welsh slate roofs with stone gable copings. H-plan
with shaped-gabled cross wings. 2 storeys. (North) entrance front has
2-window centre and 1-window left and 2-window right slightly-projecting
cross wings. Chamfered plinth. Central 6-panel door;and overlight with
glazing bars, in plain flat surround under scrolled pediment, flanked by
narrow sash windows with glazing bars. Right tripartite sash under basket
arch on first floor. Left wing has tripartite sash windows, under basket
arch on first floor. Brick entablature between floors. 2 stone tablets, in
gable, with raised borders and lettering : "HEN ALLAIN 1702", under "C.
BAILEY 1873". Right wing has one-storey half-octagonal bay window with flat
lead roof. Similar tablet in gable : "H.T. AD 1847". Hip-roofed dormer
window in centre. Lateral stacks, with conjoined shafts on wings; ridge
stack on right wing. One-storey, hip-roofed, 2-bay left service wing.
2-window right return has paired crow-stepped gables with ball finials.
Garden front similar to entrance front. INTERIOR : open-well staircase with
turned balusters and newels, moulded handrail and string. Panelled doors in
wood architraves. Moulded ceiling cornices in 1847 wing.
Listing NGR: NZ5146415825
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings