This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.5035 / 50°30'12"N
Longitude: -4.317 / 4°19'1"W
OS Eastings: 235784
OS Northings: 69638
OS Grid: SX357696
Mapcode National: GBR NN.KLXV
Mapcode Global: FRA 17VQ.MZ2
Entry Name: Womens Institute Hall
Listing Date: 26 November 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1140079
English Heritage Legacy ID: 61237
Location: Callington, Cornwall, PL17
Civil Parish: Callington
Built-Up Area: Callington
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Callington
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SE 36 NE CALLINGTON HAYE ROAD, Call:ington
8/36 Womens Institute Hall
Freemasons Hall, now used by Womens Institute 1879. Converted in 1970s. Snecked
rubblestone with brick dressings. Base with moulded granite plinth. Moulded stone
string above ground floor openings. Granite coping to gabled porch and gabled front.
Rendered left-hand side wall. Slate roof with gabled ends with lower roof to rear.
Gabled south front with central gabled porch. Brick stilted arch with masonic emblem
in keystone and dressed stone square piers with composite capitals. Moulded inner
brick round arch. Flanked by 2 lancet windows with round headed brick arches. Key
stones to arches with masonic emblems in carved stone. Above porch, 8-light rose
window with cusped heads in granite, round arched opening. Masonic emblem of 5-
pointed star above in rounded.
Interior much altered. Ceiling lowered with many of masonic emblems covered over.
Listing NGR: SX3578469638
Other nearby listed buildings