This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.3217 / 50°19'18"N
Longitude: -5.1857 / 5°11'8"W
OS Eastings: 173324
OS Northings: 51714
OS Grid: SW733517
Mapcode National: GBR Z5.VWCY
Mapcode Global: FRA 0805.ZFR
Entry Name: Farm Buildings Immediately North East of Trevellas Farmhouse
Listing Date: 31 October 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1141489
English Heritage Legacy ID: 63851
Location: St. Agnes, Cornwall, TR5
Civil Parish: St. Agnes
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Agnes
Church of England Diocese: Truro
ST AGNES TREVELLAS
SW 75 SW
4/223 Farm buildings immediately north-
- east of Trevellas Farmhouse
GV ` II
Farm buildings, including a barn, remodelled from probable former service range of
house, stables and an engine house. C18 extended in the C19 and in 1909. Killas
rubble walls (some of which is roughly coursed). Some granite dressings, some brick
dressings, mostly timber lintels over the openings. Steep grouted scantle slate roof
with gable ends over the older range; grouted scantle slate hipped roof over the
stables and Delabole slate hipped roofs over the 1909 engine house.
Plan: Irregular plan. long C18 (possibly partly C17) range with shippon under and
hayloft above. Probably C19 parallel range behind the right-hand side; circa mid C19
stables with loft over, built at right angle behind the left-hand side. Left of the
stables is a single storey engine house (1909) linked to the loft of the stable by a
roofed bridge. There used to be an older horse-engine house in front of the old
Exterior: 2 storeys. Largely unaltered elevations with old or original openings.
Some old windows and shutters. South front has older coursed masonry to the right.
Doorway to ground floor now fitted with windows or blocks, old shuttered windows to
first floor. Rear has 2 loading doorways (one blocked); 2 C19 windows with vertical
glazing bars and random panes; and chamfered wooden lintels over 2 of the ground
floor openings. Stables have symmetrical 2-window east front with central doorway.
The openings are spanned by cambered brick arches.
Interior: Little altered since the C19: some old shippon standings; C19 first floor
structures and most roof structure except right-hand end of barn which has a C18
pegged roof structure. Evidence for fireplace at right-hand end.
Listing NGR: SW7332451714
Other nearby listed buildings