This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.0699 / 50°4'11"N
Longitude: -5.2646 / 5°15'52"W
OS Eastings: 166488
OS Northings: 23968
OS Grid: SW664239
Mapcode National: GBR Z2.DL56
Mapcode Global: VH139.PHPS
Entry Name: Stables at Approx. 8m South-West of Carminowe Farmhouse
Listing Date: 22 June 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1141720
English Heritage Legacy ID: 65286
Location: Mawgan-in-Meneage, Cornwall, TR12
Civil Parish: Mawgan-in-Meneage
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Mawgan-in-Meneage
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 62 SE MAWGAN-IN-MENEAGE
3/122 Stables at approx. 8m south-west of
- Carminowe Farmhouse
Stables and loose boxes. Circa 1860. Shale rubble walls with dressed granite
quoins, jambstones and some lintels incorporating some reused late medieval
fragments. Grouted scantle slate roof sweeping lower over most of front, gable ended
to left (east) with reused finial stone and adjoining implement shed (qv) on right.
Rectangular plan with 6 stable or loose box compartments, the left hand stable is
shallower to allow passageway space in front. The 4th from left is much wider and
the 2 stables on the far right are very narrow. All with doorways to the front
Single storey. Seven bay north front, left hand bay set back slightly. Each bay
with doorway originally except 4th from left with window, upper part glazed and lower
part with ventilator. Further ventilation slits of reused jamb and arch stones
between 5th from left doorway (now with window) and far right. The wider principal
doorway, 4th from left, is of reused moulded freestone jambstones. The central 4
openings are spanned by one softwood wallplate lintel. The doors are original mostly
stable type, ledged and braced.
Interior not inspected.
Part of a planned group of virtually complete farm buildings, the horses having pride
of place at the top of the yard.
Listing NGR: SW6648823968
Other nearby listed buildings