This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.0701 / 50°4'12"N
Longitude: -5.2646 / 5°15'52"W
OS Eastings: 166489
OS Northings: 23995
OS Grid: SW664239
Mapcode National: GBR Z2.DL53
Mapcode Global: VH139.PHPL
Entry Name: Shippon Adjoining Piggery at Approx. 10m North West of Carminowe Farmhouse
Listing Date: 22 June 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1158793
English Heritage Legacy ID: 65287
Location: Mawgan-in-Meneage, Cornwall, TR12
Civil Parish: Mawgan-in-Meneage
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Mawgan-in-Meneage
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 62 SE MAWGAN-IN-MENEAGE
3/123 Shippon adjoining piggery at
- approx. 10m north west of
Shippon. Circa 1860. Shale rubble with dressed granite quoins, jambstones and
lintels and incorporating some reused dressed medieval and C17 stonework from the
former Carminowe Manor complex. Grouted scantle slate roof, adjoining wall of barn
left and with gable end right.
Rectangular plan with 3 entrances to front communicating with barn, left and with
entrance in right hand gable and for access from farmhouse without entering farmyard.
Presumably mangers at rear and drain along front (south) behind standings.
Single storey. South front with central doorway, doorway towards either end and slit
ventilators midway between. Original ledged doors right and left. Central doorway
partly blocked and fitted with reused 7 pane window. The ventilation slits are
At the right-hand (east) gable end is doorway left and window right. The reused wide
nearly round headed chamfered and diagonal stopped dressed stone doorway is probably
C17, fitted with original circa 1860 V-jointed ledged door with ornate iron handle
and internal hinges. The reused straight chamfered 2 light mullioned window with
intermediate bars is also probably C17 but trefoil headed ventilation slit over is
probably earlier, also reused. Rear not inspected but presumably has some window
Carminowe was an important manor from the C17.
Interior not inspected.
Part of a planned group of farm buildings and virtually complete as built and with
the enhanced interest of the reused fragments.
Listing NGR: SW6648923995
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings