This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.5557 / 50°33'20"N
Longitude: -4.7283 / 4°43'41"W
OS Eastings: 206836
OS Northings: 76437
OS Grid: SX068764
Mapcode National: GBR N2.G98J
Mapcode Global: FRA 07ZL.HQY
Entry Name: Methodist Chapel, School Room and Garden Walls to West
Listing Date: 4 November 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1142986
English Heritage Legacy ID: 67803
Location: St. Tudy, Cornwall, PL30
Civil Parish: St. Tudy
Built-Up Area: St Tudy
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Tudy with Michaelstow
Church of England Diocese: Truro
ST TUDY CHAPEL ROAd, St Tudy
8/173 Methodist Chapel, school room and
garden walls to west
Methodist Chapel and schoolroom with garden walls and gate to front. 1869. Ashlar
slatestone with freestone and granite dressed quoins. Rag slate roof with gable ends
to front and rear.
Plan: Chapel of overall rectangular plan with entrance in front (west) gable end.
School room of 1-room plan directly to rear (east) and C20 extension on lower right
hand side of school room on south east.
Exterior: Entrance in front gable end which has a tall round headed arch framing the
C20 entrance double doors and wrought iron grille in gable end. 3 round headed sash
windows with margin glazing bars in left and right hand side elevation. School room
to rear and C20 extension to rear right.
Interior: Not inspected.
Garden walls to front (west) of stone rubble with granite coping. C19 wrought-iron
Wesley preached in St Tudy in 1746 and in 1811 the 8 members of the church built a
chapel on land obtained from Samual Kekewich. The first chapel was registered in
1824, later being converted into a cottage.
Shaw, Thomas Methodism in the Camelford and Wadebridge Circuit 1743-1963, 1963.
Listing NGR: SX0683676437
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings