This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.1881 / 50°11'17"N
Longitude: -5.4196 / 5°25'10"W
OS Eastings: 155998
OS Northings: 37607
OS Grid: SW559376
Mapcode National: GBR FX05.SBV
Mapcode Global: VH12N.0JQN
Entry Name: Nos 34 and 36 Including Garden Wall in Front of No 34
Listing Date: 14 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143689
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70210
Location: Hayle, Cornwall, TR27
Civil Parish: Hayle
Built-Up Area: Hayle
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Hayle
Church of England Diocese: Truro
HAYLE HAYLE TERRACE (south side), Hayle
10/109 Nos 34 and 36, including garden
- wall in front of No 34
Pair of cottages in row adjoining shop and front garden wall (former dairy). Cottages circa mid C19, shop dated 1891. Cottages are rubble with granite dressings and have grouted scantle slate roof with projecting eaves at the
front and brick chimneys over the party walls left and right. Shopfront is dressed granite.
Plan: pair of double depth cottages, each with one room at the front and with their entrance passages in the middle. In front of the left-hand house (No 36)
is a single storey shop with its front parallel to the front of the cottages. Shop has classical style front.
Exterior: 2 storey cottages, single storey shop. Cottages have 4 window north front. Originally symmetrical with pair of doorways close together in the
middle. Shop built in front of left-hand cottage. Right-hand cottage has
original 4-panel door and overlight. Windows are circa late C19 horned sashes
in original opening spanned by granite lintels.
2:1 bay shopfront has 3-bay arcade of round keyed arches carried on slender
round shafts, all framed within flanking corner pilasters and carrying an entablature with moulded cornice surmounted by a parapet with shaped pediment
and round date plaque over the central bay; balustrades with turned balusters over the other bays and ball finials over the terminal pilasters. Doorway of
shop on the right and pair of windows on the left. Original doors and windows: pair of 3 panel doors with glazed upper panels; windows with plate glass to
the lower part and small panes over a transom. The tympanum of each opening
has patterned coloured leaded glazing with painted farming scenes to the principal panes.
Interior: not inspected.
Granite coped rubble wall in front of cottage and granite kerb to pavement in front of shop.
Listing NGR: SW5599837606
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings