This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1969 / 50°11'48"N
Longitude: -5.5586 / 5°33'30"W
OS Eastings: 146127
OS Northings: 39044
OS Grid: SW461390
Mapcode National: GBR DXN5.2NL
Mapcode Global: VH053.L9RX
Entry Name: Barn and Adjoining Buildings Adjoining North of Tremedda Farmhouse
Listing Date: 10 June 1954
Last Amended: 7 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1144312
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70633
Location: Zennor, Cornwall, TR26
Civil Parish: Zennor
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Zennor
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 43 NE
4/313 Barn and adjoining buildings
adjoining north of Tremedda
10.6.54 Farmhouse (formerly listed
GV as Tremedder Farm Group)
Large granary over dairies left, waggon sheds, middle and probably stables and
adjoining buildings including probably former shippon now converted to living
accommodation. Circa 1910. Built by the architect George Kennedy for M Grigg.
Partly granite ashlar and dressed granite brought to course, otherwise granite rubble
with granite dressings. Hipped scantle slate roof over barn, coped gable end at rear
of former shippon.
Plan: planned farm buildings; overall T-shaped plan. Principal building is a
rectangular barn of 2:3:2 bays with the central bays broken forward and with large
openings at the front. Double-depth plan to ground floor. Dairy bays left have
shallow dairy at the front and deeper dairy at the rear. Adjoining far left is a 2
bay arcade which forms a covered link to the farmhouse qv. In front of the arcade,
right, is an enormous granite monolithic horse trough, possibly hewn in situ.
Adjoining at right of the barn is a link stable building adjoining a cross wing
former shippon, far right.
Exterior: 2 storeys. 2:3:2 bay east south east front. Central bays symmetrical and
broken forward, open at ground floor with the lintelled openings carried on fat
square ashlar columns. Mid floor band and oculus over the middle of each bay. The
left-hand bays have round arches with recessed inner order springing from impost band
to ground floor and segmental arches to open loggia above. The right-hand bays have
wide squat windows with original small paned lights. At far left the open-fronted
link building has 2 bay arcade of round arches. The granary loft is approached by a
flight of external steps to a rear loading doorway. Under the landing there is a
Interior: dairy only inspected which has original fittings. The front dairy and the
loggia over have plaster vaulted ceilings.
Part of an unspoiled coastal hamlet set in the ancient field system of this part of
Listing NGR: SW4612739044
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings