This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1351 / 54°8'6"N
Longitude: -1.5224 / 1°31'20"W
OS Eastings: 431304
OS Northings: 471134
OS Grid: SE313711
Mapcode National: GBR KNTM.6F
Mapcode Global: WHC7V.LB89
Entry Name: 7, KIRKGATE (See details for further address information)
Listing Date: 6 May 1970
Last Amended: 17 December 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1150185
English Heritage Legacy ID: 330095
Location: Ripon, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG4
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Ripon
Built-Up Area: Ripon
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Ripon Cathedral Parish with Littlethorpe
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE 3171 RIPON KIRKGATE
1/81 (south side)
6.5.70 Nos 7,
17.12.70 Nos 8 and 9
Late C16, although only the roof and the chimneybreasts remain as evidence of this;
extended forward to street frontage in late C17 and given the handsome front with
pilastered first floor shown in J M W Turner's drawing of Kirkgate dated 1797 (British
Museum); refronted in mid C19. Stucco. Slate roof. Two storeys. Wooden bracketed
eaves cornice. Six C19 sashes in moulded flush-frames with segmental pediments.
Continuous C19 shopfront: panelled pilasters, eclectic capitals, frieze and
modillioned cornice: mullions with spiral fluting at bottom, and foliate capitals
taking segmental arches with highly ornamental lintels. Three doors in recessed
C16 roof runs east-west down centre of building, and shows that there were cross-wings
at each end, of which the eastern one may have been extended in early C17.
Listing NGR: SE3130471134
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings