This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9307 / 52°55'50"N
Longitude: -0.6321 / 0°37'55"W
OS Eastings: 492046
OS Northings: 337908
OS Grid: SK920379
Mapcode National: GBR DPY.90C
Mapcode Global: WHGKH.8L8M
Entry Name: Old Rectory
Listing Date: 14 November 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1194837
English Heritage Legacy ID: 382902
Location: Belton and Manthorpe, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG31
Civil Parish: Belton and Manthorpe
Built-Up Area: Grantham
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Grantham Manthorpe
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
BELTON & MANTHORPE
SK9237 HIGH ROAD, Manthorpe
1315-0/11/125 (North West side)
Rectory, now a house. Dated 1847. Probably by G G Place of
Nottingham, who designed the nearby Church of St John (qv).
Coursed squared stone, ashlar and red brick, with ashlar
dressings and steep pitched slate roofs. Various flat ashlar
stacks with a frieze of trefoils and chamfered coping. Tudor
Revival style. Quoins and coped gables; main block has
decorative ridge tiles and a gable stack. 2 storeys; 3 window
range. Windows are mainly C19 casements with stone surrounds
and chamfered mullions. 2 storeys; 3 window range. L-plan.
Entrance front has 2 gabled through-eaves dormers with 3-light
cross casements, and between them, set lower, a 2-light
mullioned window. Below it, a similar smaller window flanked
to left by a segment headed board door with strap hinges and
mullioned overlight. Beyond the door, a shouldered external
side wall stack. To right, a 3-light cross casement. Ashlar
facing gable, to left, has a 3-light cross casement on each
floor, the lower one larger probably provided, like the
church, by the Brownlow family of Belton House.
(The Buildings of England: Pevsner N, Harris J & Antram N:
Lincolnshire: London: 1964-1989: 550).
Listing NGR: SK9204637908
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings