This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.4651 / 50°27'54"N
Longitude: -4.7148 / 4°42'53"W
OS Eastings: 207424
OS Northings: 66334
OS Grid: SX074663
Mapcode National: GBR N3.N0Q8
Mapcode Global: FRA 170T.P0H
Entry Name: The Keep (The Regimental Museum, Dcli)
Listing Date: 26 September 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1195282
English Heritage Legacy ID: 368047
Location: Bodmin, Cornwall, PL31
Civil Parish: Bodmin
Built-Up Area: Bodmin
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Bodmin
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX0766 ST NICHOLAS STREET
629-1/3/106 The Keep (The Regimental Museum,
Former militia keep of Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry.
1859, incorporated into the depot barracks as main entrance
and housing the Quartermaster's department in 1881 under the
Cardwell reforms. Coursed squared local rubble with granite
dressings; steep Welsh slate hipped roof with projecting
eaves; central roof dormer with original paired 12-pane
hornless sashes on steep pyramidal roof with finial to each
elevation; 2 tall brick axial stacks and 2-stage corner
stacks; iron gutters on large brackets. Rectangular
double-depth plan. French Renaissance style. 3 storeys plus
attic over basement; symmetrical 2:3:2-bay entrance front.
Original 12-pane hornless sashes and central segmental-arched
doorway with similar parade ground elevation and unaltered
side elevations. INTERIOR: very plain but virtually unaltered.
Features include a granite staircase.
Listing NGR: SX0742466334
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings