This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.58 / 52°34'47"N
Longitude: -2.1541 / 2°9'14"W
OS Eastings: 389653
OS Northings: 298031
OS Grid: SO896980
Mapcode National: GBR 16M.MJ
Mapcode Global: WHBFY.WDDY
Entry Name: Bantock House Museum and and Attached Barn
Listing Date: 31 March 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1201810
English Heritage Legacy ID: 378406
Location: Wolverhampton, WV3
County: City of Wolverhampton
Electoral Ward/Division: Park
Built-Up Area: Wolverhampton
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Central Wolverhampton
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SO89NE FINCHFIELD ROAD
895-1/4/77 (South side)
Bantock House Museum and attached
House, now museum. 1730s with front range of 1820s and
alterations of 1890s. Brick with ashlar dressings; hipped
slate roof. 2 storeys; symmetrical 5-window range. Ground
floor brick lintel band; top modillioned eaves with central
gablet. Windows have rubbed brick flat arches over horned
sashes with 8-pane upper sashes. Central entrance has
half-glazed door in enclosed ashlar distyle-in-antis porch.
Left return has 2-storey canted bay; rear has 2 earlier gabled
wings with brick cornices and varied fenestration.
INTERIOR: late C19 panelling and fireplaces with Delft tiles;
hall has stair with turned balusters and ingle fireplace. Barn
to rear has entrance to threshing floor to return, small
gabled wings to front and return and square lantern with
weather vane, but has been altered.
Listing NGR: SO8965398031
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings