This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4573 / 51°27'26"N
Longitude: -2.5877 / 2°35'15"W
OS Eastings: 359265
OS Northings: 173315
OS Grid: ST592733
Mapcode National: GBR C9J.QF
Mapcode Global: VH88N.3MCN
Plus Code: 9C3VFC46+WW
Entry Name: New Hall
Listing Date: 4 March 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1202462
English Heritage Legacy ID: 380236
Location: Bristol, BS1
County: City of Bristol
Electoral Ward/Division: Central
Built-Up Area: Bristol
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bristol
Church of England Parish: Bristol St Philip and St Jacob with Emmanuel
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
ST5973 QUAKERS FRIARS, Broadmead
901-1/40/493 New Hall
Hall. C13, largely rebuilt 1869, restored 1970. Pennant rubble
with limestone dressings, and pantile roof. Rectangular, open
plan. 2 storeys; 5-window range. A symmetrical block with a
right-hand parapeted link. Wide, outer 2-centre ground-floor
arches, right-hand blocked and a C20 door in the left-hand, 2
central semicircular-arched 3-light windows with Y-tracery,
separated by low buttresses. 3-light mullion and transom
first-floor windows. Right-hand narrow pointed medieval
blocked doorway, and C19 window above. Moulded eaves.
INTERIOR: restored c1970; open first floor and timber roof.
This retains fragmentary remains of the former Dominican
friary, with the Cutlers' and Bakers' Halls (qv).
Listing NGR: ST5926373314
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings