This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4517 / 51°27'6"N
Longitude: -2.5924 / 2°35'32"W
OS Eastings: 358933
OS Northings: 172690
OS Grid: ST589726
Mapcode National: GBR C8L.NG
Mapcode Global: VH88N.0RWZ
Entry Name: Welsh Back Wharf Extending Approximately 450 Metres Between Bristol and Redcliffe Bridges
Listing Date: 30 December 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1202676
English Heritage Legacy ID: 380818
Location: Bristol, BS1
Electoral Ward/Division: Central
Built-Up Area: Bristol
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bristol
Church of England Parish: Bristol St Stephen with St James and St John the Baptist with St Michael and St George
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
ST5872 WELSH BACK, Floating Harbour
901-1/42/1319 (East side)
Welsh Back Wharf extending approx.
450m between Bristol and Redcliffe
Quays and bollards. Mid C19. Granite and Pennant rubble, and
cast-iron. Walls with granite curbs and rubble walls. One of
the 3 city quays, and an important quay since the C13.
(Lord J and Southam J: The Floating Harbour: Bristol: 1983-18:
Listing NGR: ST5893372690
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings