This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.1041 / 53°6'14"N
Longitude: -0.3353 / 0°20'7"W
OS Eastings: 511543
OS Northings: 357622
OS Grid: TF115576
Mapcode National: GBR GQW.D13
Mapcode Global: WHGJV.T7HM
Plus Code: 9C5X4M37+MV
Entry Name: Thorpe Tilney Hall
Listing Date: 23 November 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1205610
English Heritage Legacy ID: 358329
Location: Timberland, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, LN4
Civil Parish: Timberland
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Timberland St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TIMBERLAND MAIN ROAD: THORPE TILNEY
TF 15 NW Bl189 (west side)
6/58 Thorpe Tilney Hall
Small country house. c1740, early C19, restored and altered c1980. Red brick with
ashlar dressings. Slate roofs. Brick coped gables, with 4 brick gable stacks.
Two storey plus attic. 5 bay west front has ashlar plinth, first floor band,
rusticated quoins, dentilated wooden cornice and brick parapet with ashlar coping.
Wide, slightly projecting central bay topped by a dentilated wooden open pediment.
Central, Venetian doorway with half-glazed door, fanlight and narrow flanking
lights, the door surround has Doric pilasters and an entablature, over the side
lights 2 halfs of a broken pediment, the central arch has a double keystone. To
either side, 2 sashes, with flat, brick, wedge lintels, with ashlar keystones.
Above a central Venetian window with sashes, and either side 2 sash windows with
flat brick wedge lintels, with ashlar keystones. Above in the pediment a Diocletian
window, and behind the parapet 2 dormers, on either side with sashes and small
segmental pediments. Flanking the main block are slightly recessed single bay and
single storey lean-to, with ashlar coped, ramped brick parapets. Each has a single
glazing bar sash under a flat brick wedge lintel with an ashlar keystone. The 4-
bay east front, which has had C19 additions removed during the recent restoration,
has a brick first floor band. Off-centre round-headed doorway has 6 panel door
and tall overlight, to the left a single round-headed sash window. The outer bays
each have a Venetian window with sashes. Above 4 sashes, under segment brick heads.
Above again, 4 dormers with sashes and small segmental pediments. Flanking the
main block are slightly recessed single bay and single storey lean-to, with ashlar
coped, ramped brick parapets, each with a single sash under a segment brick head.
All the windows have glazing bar sashes. Interior: Early C19, stick baluster
staircase with single central flight and double flight returns.
Listing NGR: TF1154357622
Other nearby listed buildings