This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.1306 / 53°7'50"N
Longitude: -1.1807 / 1°10'50"W
OS Eastings: 454915
OS Northings: 359586
OS Grid: SK549595
Mapcode National: GBR 8FD.NBQ
Mapcode Global: WHDFZ.TKYV
Plus Code: 9C5W4RJ9+6P
Entry Name: Stable Court and Attached Farm Buildings at Berry Hill Hall
Listing Date: 17 March 1978
Last Amended: 21 March 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1207156
English Heritage Legacy ID: 391665
Location: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18
Electoral Ward/Division: Berry Hill
Built-Up Area: Mansfield
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Mansfield St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK55NW BERRY HILL LANE
924-1/3/10 (South side)
17/03/78 Stable Court and attached farm
buildings at Berry Hill Hall
(Formerly Listed as:
BERRY HILL LANE
Stable Court and attached buildings
at Berry Hill Hall)
Stable courtyard with attached farm buildings around 2 further
courtyards. c1700, with C19 and C20 alterations and additions.
Coursed squared rubble and brick, with ashlar dressings and
hipped slate roofs.
East range has to east a central entrance block, 2 storeys;
3-window range. Plinth, first floor and eaves bands. Central
round-headed archway, now blocked, with double plank doors and
overlight. On either side a square pitch hole, and below,
single round-arched carriage entrances with double plank
doors. On either side, a single-storey wing, 3 bays, the left
one adjoining Berry Hill Hall (qv). Central plank door with
overlight, flanked by single iron-framed glazing bar windows.
Roofless right wing has 3 similar windows.
West front has similar entrance block, 2 storeys; 3-window
range. Central round-headed arch, now blocked, with doorway
and blocked window. On either side, single round windows and
below, single windows, all blocked. To right, a single-storey
range, altered C19, with brick additions. To left, a roofless
single-storey wing with a blocked window and a doorway.
Adjoining north range, single storey; 6 bays. Now roofless. 6
round-headed carriage entrances, the left one open, the
remainder blocked and filled with windows and doors.
Northern front, to street, has 3 slightly projecting central
round arches flanked to left by 2 blind windows and beyond, 2
slightly projecting round arches. To right, 2 blind windows.
West range has a central entrance block, 2 storeys; 3-window
range. To east, upper entrance arch flanked by single round
blind windows. Below, single-storey brick lean-to with
irregular fenestration across the whole front.
West front also has central entrance block, 2 storeys;
3-window range. Plinth, string course and sill band, pyramid
roof with square wooden cupola topped with square wooden dome.
Central round-headed arch, now blocked, with double plank door
and blocked overlight. On either side, a blind round window
and below, a single blocked window. To right, single-storey
barn, now roofless, with 2 blind windows flanked by 2 rows of
breathers. To left, a low 2-storey wing with first-floor door
and C20 external stair.
Attached to the west, a single-storey farm building range with
brick front. Projecting to the south, a further farm building
range with brick front to east. Off-centre plank double doors
flanked by two 2-light windows, and a plank door to right.
Attached to west, a similar cartshed range with corrugated
asbestos roofs and square stone piers to the openings. Further
cartshed range projecting to south, with wooden piers and
bricked up openings. 2 stable doors and 3 bricked-up windows.
(Buildings of England: Pevsner N & Williamson E:
Nottinghamshire: Harmondsworth: 1979-: 174).
Listing NGR: SK5491559586
Other nearby listed buildings