This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.0648 / 54°3'53"N
Longitude: -2.8824 / 2°52'56"W
OS Eastings: 342347
OS Northings: 463568
OS Grid: SD423635
Mapcode National: GBR 8P9F.SM
Mapcode Global: WH845.P3N5
Plus Code: 9C6V3479+W3
Entry Name: Trinity Methodist Church
Listing Date: 20 January 1993
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1207225
English Heritage Legacy ID: 391860
Location: Morecambe, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA3
Civil Parish: Morecambe
Built-Up Area: Morecambe
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Morecambe St Barnabas
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
MORECAMBE AND HEYSHAM
SD46SW MARINE ROAD WEST, Morecambe
939-1/1/57 Trinity Methodist Church
Church. Foundation stone of meeting rooms laid 1883. Main
church 1897 by Samuel Wright.
Coursed squared sandstone with slate roofs.
West front has tall pointed windows below central gable: 6 on
the ground floor and 5 lighting the gallery. To the left is a
lower 2-storey canted porch under a separate roof. It has one
window on both floors to each side, and 2 windows above a
To the right of the facade is a projecting 4-stage tower. On
the ground floor it has a round-headed doorway. Above is a
lancet window. The 3rd stage is blind. The bell stage has
lancet bell openings flanked by octagonal corner turrets with
lead spirelets. The central spirelet is slated.
The south wall, facing West Street, has lancet windows and 3
gables, with a 4th lower gable to the meeting rooms to the
Interior: woodwork is of pitch pine, with gallery supported on
3 sides on fluted cast-iron columns, with similar columns at
gallery level supporting arcading running east-west, with
further transverse arches, which also appear to be of iron,
spanning above the gallery.
At the east side there is an organ at gallery level and a
raised preaching desk below. Alterations in the later C20
include insertion of a part-glazed partition wall below the
west gallery and a suspended ceiling to the main church.
Listing NGR: SD4234763568
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings