This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.0532 / 54°3'11"N
Longitude: -2.8049 / 2°48'17"W
OS Eastings: 347402
OS Northings: 462219
OS Grid: SD474622
Mapcode National: GBR 8PVK.JS
Mapcode Global: WH846.WDH2
Entry Name: Bruntons Warehouse (South Eastern Part Only)
Listing Date: 13 March 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1213894
English Heritage Legacy ID: 383308
Location: Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1
Electoral Ward/Division: Castle
Built-Up Area: Lancaster
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Lancaster St Mary with St John and St Anne
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD4762 ST GEORGE'S QUAY
1685-1/3/273 (South West side)
Brunton's Warehouse (south-eastern
Warehouses, now flats. Mid C18, converted and altered c1980.
Coursed squared sandstone with ashlar dressings and slate
roof, with the gable to the road and a projecting verge over
the central part of the width. Approx 15m deep on plan behind
a facade which is approx 6m wide.
4 storeys above a cellar, which has a blocked opening to the
right. Chamfered quoins. Central loading slot, now with
balconies on each floor, which has a plain stone surround. The
other windows have similar surrounds, and glazing of c1980.
The left-hand window on the top floor was also inserted at
this time. The left-hand window on the ground floor is set
within a blocked door surround.
The warehouse to the right, on the corner of Duke Street and
now part of the same block of flats, has a facade which was
drastically altered and is not included.
Listing NGR: SD4740262219
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings