This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9969 / 52°59'48"N
Longitude: -1.1322 / 1°7'55"W
OS Eastings: 458341
OS Northings: 344752
OS Grid: SK583447
Mapcode National: GBR LT5.1T
Mapcode Global: WHDGL.LX2V
Entry Name: Arnot Hill House
Listing Date: 27 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1227493
English Heritage Legacy ID: 425306
Location: Gedling, Nottinghamshire, NG5
Electoral Ward/Division: Ernehale
Built-Up Area: Arnold
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Daybrook
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
GEDLING off NOTTINGHAM ROAD
SK 64 SE
6/59 Arnot Hill House
House, now a social club. 1866. Rockfaced and plain ashlar with
hipped and polygonal slate roofs. Partly rendered. Chamfered
plinth and quoins. First floor band. Elaborate bracketed eaves
with tile ornament. 4 side wall and 2 ridge stacks. 2 storeys,
5 bays. Windows are plain sashes with round and square heads.
South front has central canted 2 storey tower porch with central
keystoned round headed doorway flanked by single sashes. To
its left, 2 sashes. To its right, 2 French windows. Above,
central round headed double lancet and above it, round window.
flanked by single sashes. West front has central half-round bay
flanked by single sashes and single hipped terminal wings, each
with a canted bay window. Central bay and wings have each 3
sashes. Above, 11 sashes. Rendered rear elevation has 7 sashes,
and above, 9 sashes. Inner south door has round headed opening
with shafts, single flanking lights, and half-glazed door.
Above, 2 quatrefoils. Interior has cantilevered stone stair with
iron balustrade. Several ashlar Gothick fireplaces.
Listing NGR: SK5834144752
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings