History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Coach House and Adjoining Stable Block

A Grade II Listed Building in Belton and Manthorpe, Lincolnshire

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9464 / 52°56'46"N

Longitude: -0.6166 / 0°36'59"W

OS Eastings: 493052

OS Northings: 339670

OS Grid: SK930396

Mapcode National: GBR DPS.6XZ

Mapcode Global: WHGKH.H6LL

Entry Name: The Coach House and Adjoining Stable Block

Listing Date: 21 September 1979

Last Amended: 14 November 1994

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1236241

English Heritage Legacy ID: 382937

Location: Belton and Manthorpe, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG32

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

Civil Parish: Belton and Manthorpe

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Belton St Peter and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Barkston

Listing Text

BELTON & MANTHORPE
SK9339 MAIN STREET, Belton
1315-0/9/64 (East side)
21/09/79 The Coach House and adjoining stable
block
(Formerly Listed as:
VILLAGE STREET, Belton
Stables to rear of Belton Trust
Estate Office)
(Formerly Listed as:
VILLAGE STREET, Belton
Belton Trust Estate Office)
II

Former coach house and stable block, now a house. Dated 1763,
remodelled mid C19, with late C20 alterations. Coursed squared
stone with ashlar dressings and slate roofs. Coped ashlar
ridge and gable stacks with square double flues. First floor
band to the central bays, stepped coped gables with kneelers
and finials. 2 storeys; 7 window range. Projecting central
entrance bay with a gabled-headed blank panel containing a
datestone, and below, a blocked square headed carriage
entrance flanked by buttresses. On either side, 2 small square
windows with chamfered stone surrounds, then single
through-eaves dormers with coped gables and 3-light stone
mullioned casements. Below, on either side, a 4-light and then
a 3-light casement with glazing bars. Beyond, to right, a
board door with chamfered surround. Single storey stable
block, attached by a boundary wall and a C20 link building,
has coped gables. 2 double carriage doors with a cast-iron
glazing bar casement between them.


Listing NGR: SK9305239670

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.