This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.6901 / 50°41'24"N
Longitude: -4.6912 / 4°41'28"W
OS Eastings: 210011
OS Northings: 91279
OS Grid: SX100912
Mapcode National: GBR N4.5SZ5
Mapcode Global: FRA 1728.06Q
Entry Name: The Cobweb
Listing Date: 20 July 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1239728
English Heritage Legacy ID: 68733
Location: Forrabury and Minster, Cornwall, PL35
Civil Parish: Forrabury and Minster
Built-Up Area: Boscastle
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Forrabury
Church of England Diocese: Truro
FORRABURY AND THE HARBOUR, Boscastle
SX 19 SW MINSTER
2/69 The Cobweb
Store converted to public house. Circa C18 converted in 1945. Slate stone rubble with
brick dressings. Cement washed slate roof with hipped end to front and gable end to
rear. Central rendered brick stack on ridge.
Almost square in plan with loading doors originally in right hand side. Converted to
public house and partitioned to form two large bars on ground floor.
3 storeys and attic. Front elevation to road with C20 fenestration in partly blocked
openings on ground floor, C19 sashes on first floor and C20 casements in second.
Blocked openings above. Right hand side elevation with steps up to entrance in first
floor. C19 and C20 fenestration and loading doors with remains of teagle hoist to top
floor. Left hand side elevation with C19 and C20 fenestration.
Interior figurehead from 'The Welm' which was wrecked on Black Rock in 1890.
Warehouse and office of William Sloggatt (qv Penally Home).
Listing NGR: SX1001191279
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings