History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

16-20, Thwaite Road

A Grade II Listed Building in Ditchingham, Norfolk

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.4703 / 52°28'13"N

Longitude: 1.4442 / 1°26'39"E

OS Eastings: 634029

OS Northings: 291394

OS Grid: TM340913

Mapcode National: GBR WKW.5Y4

Mapcode Global: VHM6G.Z5CM

Entry Name: 16-20, Thwaite Road

Listing Date: 19 November 1998

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1245413

English Heritage Legacy ID: 471702

Location: Ditchingham, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR35

County: Norfolk

District: South Norfolk

Civil Parish: Ditchingham

Built-Up Area: Ditchingham

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Ditchingham St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Ditchingham

Listing Text

TM 39 SW DITCINGHAM THWAITE ROAD

1898-0/6/10005 Nos 16-20 (even)

GV II


Elderly persons bungalows, built by the former Loddon RDC, 1958, architects Tayler and Green. Light yellow-grey brick with date '1958' picked out in red on the gable end of No 16, orange red pantile roof and wooden bargeboards, profiled with dentils on No 16. Tall brick chimney stacks with pitched concrete copings and clay pots. Wide frontage plans - Nos 16-18 each have slightly recessed porches with half-glazed doors flanked by trelliswork; three-light steel casement windows. Both blocks form a 'proscenium' framing Windmill Green (qv) and are linked to it by screen walls. These houses screen the long back gardens of the houses on Windmill Green (qv) .The planning of these bungalows is of special interest, but there are no internal features of special merit.


Listing NGR: TM3402991394

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

TM 39 SW DITCINGHAM THWAITE ROAD

1898-0/6/10005 Nos 16-20 (even)

GV II


Elderly persons bungalows, built by the former Loddon RDC, 1958, architects Tayler and Green. Light yellow-grey brick with date '1958' picked out in red on the gable end of No 16, orange red pantile roof and wooden bargeboards, profiled with dentils on No 16. Tall brick chimney stacks with pitched concrete copings and clay pots. Wide frontage plans - Nos 16-18 each have slightly recessed porches with half-glazed doors flanked by trelliswork; three-light steel casement windows. Both blocks form a 'proscenium' framing Windmill Green (qv) and are linked to it by screen walls. These houses screen the long back gardens of the houses on Windmill Green (qv) .The planning of these bungalows is of special interest, but there are no internal features of special merit.


Listing NGR: TM3402991394

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.