This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.5536 / 52°33'13"N
Longitude: 1.399 / 1°23'56"E
OS Eastings: 630524
OS Northings: 300517
OS Grid: TG305005
Mapcode National: GBR WJP.SMZ
Mapcode Global: VHM62.62GQ
Plus Code: 9F43H93X+FJ
Entry Name: Numbers 7 and 8, 9 and 10 and Linking Wall
Listing Date: 19 November 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1245757
English Heritage Legacy ID: 472278
Location: Bergh Apton, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR15
Civil Parish: Bergh Apton
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Bergh Apton St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 30 SW BERGH APTON CHURCH ROAD
1880/2/10003 Nos.7 and 8, 9 and 10 and
Two pairs of bungalows and linking wall built by the former Loddon Rural District Council, 1951, architects Tayler and Green. Single storey, brick, colourwashed pink, with black painted west gable (Nos 7 and 8); yellow-brown facings above a black tarred plinth, with projecting diaper work on north gable (Nos 9 and 10), orange pantiled roofs with scalloped wooden bargeboards, sweeps low over store at left (Nos 7 and 8), zig-zag cut wooden bargeboards (Nos 9 and 10). 2 brick chimneystacks with pitched concrete copings and clay pots. Wide frontage plans, painted steel casement windows. These blocks are set at right angles, turning the corner with a linking yellow-brown brick screen wall, with Nos 7 and 8 along the frontage of Church Road, Nos 9 and 10 facing a small green set back from the road frontage. These formed the first phase of the village housing at Bergh Apton. While the planning of the individual units is of interest, the interiors do not have any features of special merit. Together with the second phase, Nos 11, 12, 13; Nos 14, 15 and 16; Nos 17 and 18 (qv), the completed scheme received a Civic Trust Award in 1957 and a Housing Medal in 1961. The scheme is a fine example of these architects' work, exemplary as a sensitive and self-contained extension to an existing community, which uses its woodland setting to great advantage to create a new `village green'.
Listing NGR: TG3052400517
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings