This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.5534 / 52°33'12"N
Longitude: 1.3987 / 1°23'55"E
OS Eastings: 630505
OS Northings: 300492
OS Grid: TG305004
Mapcode National: GBR WJP.SKG
Mapcode Global: VHM62.629W
Plus Code: 9F43H93X+9F
Entry Name: 11-13, Church Road
Listing Date: 19 November 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1245758
English Heritage Legacy ID: 472279
Location: Bergh Apton, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR15
Civil Parish: Bergh Apton
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Bergh Apton St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 30 SW BERGH APTON CHURCH ROAD
Terrace of three houses built by the former Loddon Rural District Council, 1951, architects Tayler and Green. Two storeys, brick - black l.h. (No 11), yellow-grey centre (No 12), red r.h. (No 13), with yellow-brown r.h. gable end and red quoins. Pantiled roof with zig-zag cut wooden bargeboards, and 3 brick chimneystacks with pitched concrete copings and clay pots. Rainwater pipes run straight from eaves without swan necks (except at l.h. where replaced). Wide frontage plans. First floor 4 windows with square module glazing and top hung casements: 2 light: 1 light: 2 light: 4 lights to each house. Ground floor three-light casements at left and recessed porch at right, recently infilled on Nos 12 and 13. Ornamental trellis, white painted timber to left of porch, now remains only on No 11. This block set back from the road frontage facing green. Access road to garage court to west. Together with Nos 14-16 and Nos 17-18 these formed the second phase of village housing at Bergh Apton. The completed scheme received a Civic Trust Award in 1957 and a Housing Medal in 1961. The scheme is a fine example of these architects' work, exemplary as a sensitive and self-contained extension to an existing community, which uses its woodland setting to great advantage to create a new `village green'.
Listing NGR: TG3050500492
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings