This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9529 / 52°57'10"N
Longitude: -1.1474 / 1°8'50"W
OS Eastings: 457376
OS Northings: 339845
OS Grid: SK573398
Mapcode National: GBR LPP.PL
Mapcode Global: WHDGZ.B1VJ
Plus Code: 9C4WXV33+52
Entry Name: Units 1 and 2 (Former Dog and Bear Public House)
Listing Date: 30 November 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1246261
English Heritage Legacy ID: 454797
Location: Nottingham, NG1
Electoral Ward/Division: Bridge
Built-Up Area: Nottingham
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Nottingham St Peter with St James
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 23/02/2015
BRIDLESMITH GATE (West side),
Units 1 & 2 (the former Dog & Bear Public House), No. 6
(Formerly listed as No.6 (part) Units 1 and 2, BRIDLESMITH GATE (West side))
Formerly known as: The Dog and Bear Public House BRIDLESMITH GATE.
Public house, now 2 shops. 1874-76, converted 1993. By John
Collyer of Nottingham. Ashlar ground floor, painted, and
rock-faced stone, with ashlar dressings. Roof not visible. 2
gable and single ridge brick stacks. Italianate style.
Plinth, rusticated ground floor, quoins, first floor band,
impost and sill bands, eaves cornice. Windows are mainly
original casements and plain sashes. 3 storeys; 3 window
range. Ground floor has 5 round-arched openings with foliage
impost band and hood moulds. In the 4th bay, renewed panelled
double doors and fanlight. In the other bays, 2-light windows
with wooden mullions and fanlights. Above, 3 round-arched
windows, 2 lights, with miniature stone balconies and
cast-iron crests. Above, 3 smaller windows, 2 lights, with
shaped heads and hood moulds.
INTERIOR largely remodelled late C20.
(The Buildings of England: Pevsner N: Nottinghamshire: London:
Listing NGR: SK5737639845
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings