This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.9529 / 52°57'10"N
Longitude: -1.1471 / 1°8'49"W
OS Eastings: 457397
OS Northings: 339839
OS Grid: SK573398
Mapcode National: GBR LPP.RM
Mapcode Global: WHDGZ.B1ZL
Plus Code: 9C4WXV33+45
Entry Name: 1 and 3, Bridlesmith Gate
Listing Date: 25 August 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1246458
English Heritage Legacy ID: 454794
Location: Nottingham, NG1
County: City of Nottingham
Electoral Ward/Division: Bridge
Built-Up Area: Nottingham
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Nottingham St Peter with St James
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK5739NW BRIDLESMITH GATE
646-1/20/40 (East side)
25/08/95 Nos.1 AND 3
Shops and offices. 1873-75. By Lawrence Bright of Nottingham
for TG & L Brewitt. Additional shop in the same style 1927, by
AN Bromley of Nottingham for Smart & Brown. Red brick with
ashlar dressings and hipped slate roofs.
1875 range has bays divided by pilasters, moulded bands to
each floor, and heavy modillion cornice. Windows are mainly
stone mullioned cross casements. 3 storeys plus attics; 3 x 2
windows. Corner site, with rounded corner entrance bay. The
1927 building forms the end bay to the right return, and has
no cornice. Ground floor has continuous shopfront, reglazed
late C20, to both returns.
Entrance bay has a moulded round-arched ashlar doorway with
granite shafts, renewed door and fanlight. To left, 2 shop
windows, then another round-arched doorway. Right return has 2
shop windows, the right one flanked by panelled pilasters. All
these windows have wooden mullions and elliptical overlights.
On the first floor, the corner bay has a 2-light cross
casement, and above, a similar window. To the attics, a single
transomed window. Left return has on each floor a 3-light
window, flanked to left by a transomed window. Attics have a
single light window flanked by 2-light windows, all with
shaped hood moulds. To left, a single window. Right return has
similar fenestration. The end bay, 1927, has 4-light windows,
and to the attics, a 3-light window.
Listing NGR: SK5739739839
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings