This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.4061 / 53°24'21"N
Longitude: -1.4395 / 1°26'22"W
OS Eastings: 437358
OS Northings: 390063
OS Grid: SK373900
Mapcode National: GBR 9P8.YT
Mapcode Global: WHDDH.VNP6
Plus Code: 9C5WCH46+C5
Entry Name: Caretaker's House to Earl Marshal Training Centre
Listing Date: 12 December 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1247528
English Heritage Legacy ID: 457056
Location: Burngreave, Sheffield, S4
Electoral Ward/Division: Burngreave
Built-Up Area: Sheffield
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Sheffield St Cuthbert, Fir Vale
Church of England Diocese: Sheffield
EARL MARSHAL ROAD (south west side)
Caretaker's House to Earl Marshal Training Centre
Caretaker's house. 1877, with late C20 alterations. By Innocent & Brown. For the Sheffield School Board. Rock-faced stone with ashlar dressings and gabled and hipped slate roofs with a gable stack. Plinth, coped gables. Two storeys plus garrets; two window range. Front, facing playground, has to right a gable with a plain sash flanked to left by a smaller window, both on a sill band. Above, a large plain sash to the garret. Below, a renewed window, flanked to left by a door with overlight. Earl Marshal Road front has a renewed window to the ground floor.
INTERIOR not inspected.
An ancillary building to the former Earl Marshal School (qv).
(Researches by G Hague, Sheffield City Council).
Listing NGR: SK3735890063
Other nearby listed buildings