This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.9654 / 52°57'55"N
Longitude: -1.1712 / 1°10'16"W
OS Eastings: 455761
OS Northings: 341218
OS Grid: SK557412
Mapcode National: GBR LJK.H3
Mapcode Global: WHDGR.ZQFH
Plus Code: 9C4WXR8H+5G
Entry Name: Boulevard United Reformed Church and Attached Steps and Boundary Wall
Listing Date: 30 November 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1247620
English Heritage Legacy ID: 457215
Location: Nottingham, NG7
County: City of Nottingham
Electoral Ward/Division: Arboretum
Built-Up Area: Nottingham
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Hyson Green and Forest Fields
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK54SE GREGORY BOULEVARD
646-1/4/233 (North side)
Boulevard United Reformed Church and
attached steps and boundary wall
United Reformed church and attached steps and boundary wall.
1884-99. Rockfaced stone with ashlar dressings and plain tile
roofs, with terracotta ornament in the gables. Gothic Revival
PLAN: chancel, nave with clerestory and aisles, north west
tower and spire all with basements, adjoining vestry and
EXTERIOR: chancel has a round window to east, and a
flat-headed window, 3 lights, on each side. Clerestory has 5
flat-headed 3-light windows to south, and 4 to north. Nave
west end has 2 segment-arched doors to the basement, and
above, an arcaded window with 7 round-arched lights and
shafts. Above again, a panel tracery window, 5 lights, with
ogee head. Aisles have a 3-light window in each bay, with
segment-arched basement windows below, separated by shallow
buttresses. South aisle has at the west end steps to a pointed
arched door. Square tower, 2 stages, has angle buttresses with
round pinnacles, terracotta band and shaped ashlar parapet. To
west, steps to a pointed arched door, and above, a traceried
2-light window. Set back octagonal slated spire with corona.
Vestry and parlour, flanking the chancel, have segment-headed
Outside, boundary wall along each side and across the west
end. Rockfaced stone with slab coping and square corner piers.
Central opening to west, with steps to basement.
INTERIOR: rendered. Chancel has a moulded pointed arch with
shaft imposts, flanked by doors. Scissor braced roof. Nave has
wagon roof with wall shafts, and ornamental iron tie rods.
Arcades, 4 bays, with moulded arches and hood moulds, and
fluted round columns with enclosed bases. At the rear, a
panelled gallery flanked by double doors. Aisles have lean-to
roofs, and single stained glass windows, c1918 and 1929.
Basement has cast-iron columns and screened-off Sunday School
rooms. Parlour has matchboard wainscotting, ceiling and steps.
Fittings include traceried panelled octagonal wooden pulpit
and matching table. Memorials include marble and slate tablet,
Listing NGR: SK5576141218
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings