History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

K6 Telephone Kiosk

A Grade II Listed Building in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2435 / 52°14'36"N

Longitude: 0.7156 / 0°42'56"E

OS Eastings: 585498

OS Northings: 264060

OS Grid: TL854640

Mapcode National: GBR QF0.7RR

Mapcode Global: VHKD4.CW51

Entry Name: K6 Telephone Kiosk

Listing Date: 26 October 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1248300

English Heritage Legacy ID: 466728

Location: Bury St. Edmunds, West Suffolk, Suffolk, IP33

County: Suffolk

District: St. Edmundsbury

Civil Parish: Bury St Edmunds

Built-Up Area: Bury St Edmunds

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Bury St Edmunds St Mary

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Bury Saint Edmunds

Listing Text


BURY ST EDMUNDS

TL8564SW CHURCHGATE STREET
639-1/14/261 (South side)
26/10/87 K6 Telephone Kiosk

GV II

Telephone kiosk. Type K6. Designed 1935 by Sir Giles Gilbert
Scott. Cast-iron. A square kiosk with a domed roof.
Unperforated crowns to top panels and margin glazing to
windows and door.

Listing NGR: TL8549864060

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.