History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Market Lamp

A Grade II Listed Building in Melbourne, Derbyshire

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8229 / 52°49'22"N

Longitude: -1.425 / 1°25'30"W

OS Eastings: 438841

OS Northings: 325193

OS Grid: SK388251

Mapcode National: GBR 6G9.0JJ

Mapcode Global: WHDHF.29PR

Entry Name: Market Lamp

Listing Date: 18 February 1971

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1251434

English Heritage Legacy ID: 434143

Location: Melbourne, South Derbyshire, Derbyshire, DE73

County: Derbyshire

District: South Derbyshire

Civil Parish: Melbourne

Built-Up Area: Melbourne

Traditional County: Derbyshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire

Church of England Parish: Melbourne St Michael

Church of England Diocese: Derby

Find accommodation in
Melbourne

Listing Text

SK 38/3925 PARISH OF MELBOURNE CASTLE STREET
6/51 (West Side)
18.2.71 Market Lamp
GV II
Lamp post. 1838, restored and altered c1970. Stone and cast
iron. Stepped stone plinth with square pedestal over, topped by
wide moulded stone slab on which is placed an iron column
supporting a lamp. The pedestal has panelled sides with quarter
circles cut out of each corner, western panel inscribed 'Market
Re-opened July 30 1838'. Iron column above has leaf decoration
to base, fluted stem and foliage capital. Above there is a C20
lamp in single hooped surround with scrolls to base. Included
for group value only.


Listing NGR: SK3884125193

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

SK 38/3925 PARISH OF MELBOURNE CASTLE STREET
6/51 (West Side)
18.2.71 Market Lamp
GV II
Lamp post. 1838, restored and altered c1970. Stone and cast
iron. Stepped stone plinth with square pedestal over, topped by
wide moulded stone slab on which is placed an iron column
supporting a lamp. The pedestal has panelled sides with quarter
circles cut out of each corner, western panel inscribed 'Market
Re-opened July 30 1838'. Iron column above has leaf decoration
to base, fluted stem and foliage capital. Above there is a C20
lamp in single hooped surround with scrolls to base. Included
for group value only.


Listing NGR: SK3884125193

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.