This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8941 / 52°53'38"N
Longitude: -1.0021 / 1°0'7"W
OS Eastings: 467229
OS Northings: 333432
OS Grid: SK672334
Mapcode National: GBR 9KV.KG2
Mapcode Global: WHFJC.LJ04
Plus Code: 9C4WVXVX+M5
Entry Name: Headstones in Churchyard of Church of St Margaret, South of Church
Listing Date: 23 June 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1264808
English Heritage Legacy ID: 426870
Location: Owthorpe, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG12
Civil Parish: Owthorpe
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Owthorpe
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
OWTHORPE CHURCH LANE
SK63SE (east side)
4/126 Headstones in
- Churchyard of
Church of St
Headstones. Mainly C18. Mainly slate.
1. Small, rectangular with round-faced winged angel, to: James
2. Similar to above (damaged), to: ? Watson d.1727.
3. Rectangular, with fine classical detail, to: Sarah wife of
John Smith d.1784.
4. Large, rectangular, fine details with reliefs in corners, to:
John Smith d.1767.
5. Limestone, shaped head, to: Elizabeth wife of William ?
d.July 30th 1700.
6. Small, rectangular with round-faced winged angel, to: John
7. Rectangular, with fine detail of foliage and flowers, to:
Alice wife of Edward Mackley d.1781.
8. Tall, shaped, with fine flowing detail, to: John Mackley
d.1826. Signed James Bingham.
9. Very large, shaped, divided vertically, to: Joseph Wild d.1830,
also, Elizabeth wife of Joseph Wild d.1802. Signed Swain,
10. Shaped, fairly simple, to: John Wild d.1770.
11. Shaped, with simple rectangular surround, to: Ann wife of
William Grice daughter of Joseph and Elizabeth Wild d.1819.
Listing NGR: SK6722933432
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings