This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8849 / 52°53'5"N
Longitude: -0.993 / 0°59'34"W
OS Eastings: 467860
OS Northings: 332412
OS Grid: SK678324
Mapcode National: GBR 9L2.1SV
Mapcode Global: WHFJC.QRC7
Plus Code: 9C4XV2M4+XR
Entry Name: Grantham Canal, 10 1/4 Miles Post Approximately 10 Metres West of Owthorpe Lane
Listing Date: 23 June 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1264809
English Heritage Legacy ID: 426875
Location: Owthorpe, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG12
Civil Parish: Owthorpe
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Owthorpe
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
OWTHORPE GRANTHAM CANAL
4/131 10¼ miles post approx.
- 10 metres west of
Canal milepost. Late C18. Cast-iron post with rounded top and
moulded edge. Raised letters read: "10¼ MILES FROM THE TRENT".
The No. 10¼ has been painted on.
The canal was authorised in 1793 and this section was built by James
Green, Surveyor, employed by Lord Middleton of Wollaton Hall.
C Cove-Smith. The Grantham Canal Today, 1974.
Listing NGR: SK6786032412
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings