This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8566 / 52°51'23"N
Longitude: -0.9741 / 0°58'26"W
OS Eastings: 469172
OS Northings: 329277
OS Grid: SK691292
Mapcode National: GBR BMM.SN2
Mapcode Global: WHFJL.0GDF
Plus Code: 9C4XV24G+J8
Entry Name: Headstones in Churchyard of Church of Church of St Luke, a Group Approximately 4 Metres West of Tower
Listing Date: 23 June 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1264996
English Heritage Legacy ID: 425595
Location: Hickling, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, LE14
Civil Parish: Hickling
Built-Up Area: Hickling
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Hickling
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
HICKLING MAIN STREET
SK62NE (east side)
6/73 Headstones in
- Churchyard of
Church of St Luke,
a group approx. 4
metres west of
Headstones. Mainly early to mid C18. Slate.
1. A double stone, to: Stephen and Ann Mann both died 1752.
2. Plain, to: Mary Rasdal d.1762.
3. To: John Mann d.1789.
4. Fairly ornate, to: William Mann d.1759.
Facing east, 4 small stones.
5. With round-faced winged angel, to: Mary, daughter of Stephen
and Ann Man d.April 20th 1735 aged 15 years. A good example
of the type.
6. With round-faced winged angel and raised letters, to: Anne
child of George Man by Mary his wife, d.1735, half a year old.
An excellent example of the type.
7. Small with chamfered corners and a round-faced winged angel, to:
William son of William Man Senr. and Mary his wife d.Aug. 30th
8. Small, limestone inscribed "the body of John Man son of Stephen
and Elizabeth Man departed October 27 1698".
Listing NGR: SK6917229277
Other nearby listed buildings