This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.3857 / 51°23'8"N
Longitude: 0.5869 / 0°35'12"E
OS Eastings: 580100
OS Northings: 168358
OS Grid: TQ801683
Mapcode National: GBR PPY.55V
Mapcode Global: VHJLW.4F4L
Plus Code: 9F329HPP+7Q
Entry Name: East Court Farmhouse
Listing Date: 24 February 1950
Last Amended: 5 December 1996
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1267781
English Heritage Legacy ID: 462560
Location: Rainham, Medway, ME7
Electoral Ward/Division: Rainham North
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Gillingham St Mary Magdalene
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
TQ86NW EASTCOURT LANE, Twydall
686-1/8/121 (North West side)
24/02/50 East Court Farmhouse
(Formerly Listed as:
EASTCOURT LANE, Twydall
(North West side)
House. C14-16, remodelled in C17; latter phase dated 1621 (by
owner); extended early C19. English bond brick, right-hand end
has tile-hung upper storey, axial left of centre brick ridge
stack and tiled roof hipped to the right-hand wing.
PLAN: 3-room parallel plan with right-hand cross range.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys; 4-window range. An asymmetrical front
with tall rendered plinth has a central doorway with a reeded
frame, flat bracketed canopy and a 6-panel door, early-mid C19
2- and 3-light leaded casements, that to the ground-floor
left-hand bay with a segmental-arched head.
A square stair tower to the left of the entrance has a hipped
roof and single-light ground-floor and 3-light first-floor
Right-hand cross range extends front and rear with hipped roof
and rear gablet, and a truncated rear corner lateral stack.
Left-hand return has tile-hung first floor and half-hipped
roof, with a lower C19 extension with a central lateral stack
and half-hipped roof.
INTERIOR: not inspected but noted as having two C14 aisle
posts within the wall to the west of the entrance; roof
includes re-used smoke-blackened rafters. Plinth suggests an
original timber-frame, cased in brick. The presence of the
aisle posts and other details suggest that rebuilding took
place in the C15 or C16 with the addition of a solar room with
central crown post.
Listing NGR: TQ8010068358
Other nearby listed buildings