This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4576 / 51°27'27"N
Longitude: -2.1137 / 2°6'49"W
OS Eastings: 392193
OS Northings: 173184
OS Grid: ST921731
Mapcode National: GBR 2SJ.DG4
Mapcode Global: VH96C.9MXG
Plus Code: 9C3VFV5P+2G
Entry Name: 14, Market Place
Listing Date: 22 June 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1268067
English Heritage Legacy ID: 462293
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15
Civil Parish: Chippenham
Built-Up Area: Chippenham
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Chippenham with Tytherton Lucas
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
ST9273SW MARKET PLACE
930-1/10/96 (South side)
Two houses on corner site, now offices. C18, rebuilt early/mid
C19. Limestone ashlar, hipped pantile roof. Double depth plan.
EXTERIOR: 3 storeys; 3-window range to both facades. 4/8-pane
sash windows to the 2nd floor, 8/8-panes to the 1st floor and
C20 windows to the ground floor. Cornice and blocking course,
platbands between floors. The north facade has steps up to a
central semicircular-arched doorway with a roll-moulded arris
and radial fanlight. The openings in the left return are to
the left, a 2-pane semicircular fanlight over double 2-panel
doors is to the far left.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
HISTORY: The house facing north was known as The Antelope Inn
Listing NGR: ST9219373184
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings