This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.1436 / 53°8'37"N
Longitude: -1.1922 / 1°11'31"W
OS Eastings: 454131
OS Northings: 361026
OS Grid: SK541610
Mapcode National: GBR 8F5.Z9V
Mapcode Global: WHDFZ.N7HV
Plus Code: 9C5W4RV5+F4
Entry Name: Town Mill Public House and Adjoining Boundary Wall
Listing Date: 21 March 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1279885
English Heritage Legacy ID: 391674
Location: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18
Electoral Ward/Division: Portland
Built-Up Area: Mansfield
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Mansfield St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK5461 BRIDGE STREET
924-1/6/19 (South side)
Town Mill Public House and adjoining
Water mill, now public house, and adjoining boundary wall.
c1775, restored and converted late C20. Coursed squared stone
with ashlar dressings and plain tile roof topped with a hipped
square ventilator. Sill and lintel bands to first floor,
single coped gable.
2 storeys plus attics; 10-window range of top-hung glazing bar
casements, the second one blank. Above, to left, 4 gabled
dormers with similar windows, the left one smaller. Ground
floor has to left a 7-bay ellipical-arched arcade with square
piers and imposts. Left arch has louvred panels, second arch
infill panel. The remaining 5 arches have glazed infill panels
with transoms, the central arch including a doorway.
To right, 3 top-hung casements. Right gable has single
top-hung casements and beyond, single blanks. Above, 3 blanks.
Below, a blocked door to left, and a C20 double door to right.
Attached to the left corner, a length of stone boundary wall
with half-round coping and a pointed-arched gateway under a
Rear has to left 2 blanks, then 2 top-hung casements. To
right, 3 similar casements. Below, to left, a tailrace opening
with 5 square stone shafts set diagonally, with square
capitals. To left, a blocked brick segmental arch.
Listing NGR: SK5413161026
Other nearby listed buildings